Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

crock-pot chocolate covered peanuts




This recipe is great for making and giving (or, as my husband does it, making and eating). It's also super easy with the help of a slow cooker.

All you've got to do is dump the following ingredients in your slow cooker in the following order (don't even need to stir!): 16 oz. salted peanuts, 16 oz. unsalted peanuts, 1 bar German chocolate (you can find this near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle), 1-1/2 package of chocolate almond bark (break into chunks), and 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips.


Put the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours. Open and stir really good, making sure that all of the chocolate is melted (if you still have chunks, put the lid back on and let it go some more).


Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment or wax paper and let cool!


I'm not even going to post the nutritional information for these... :-)

Crock-Pot Chocolate Covered Peanuts
  • 16 oz. salted peanuts 
  • 16 oz. unsalted peanuts
  • 1 bar German chocolate (you can find this near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)
  • 1-1/2 package of chocolate almond bark (break into chunks)
  • 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Layer into a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.  Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper and allow to dry before serving.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks sooo good… and tastes just as good too! Thanks for posting this… I'm gonna try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I think I will add those to my holiday sweets exchange list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be making this for christmas. I make candy with the chocolate bark but I dont add the chocolate chips or the german chocolate. This sounds way better. I cant wait for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to make these. Have you ever tried a different nut? Like Pecans or something? (my nephew is allergic to peanuts) ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make these using salted cashew nuts and the sweet and salty taste is delicious. Can't wait to use the crock pot, what a time saver. Thanks so much.gigglegirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails