Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

garlic lime chicken

 

I'm always looking for new ways to eat chicken, and this recipe is one of my favorites! My mother-in-law gave me the original recipe that I have since modified for convenience (the other required a few more ingredients and more dishes to wash). I like it so much that I just quadruple the spice mix and put it in a salt shaker to use on anything and everything. Hope you enjoy!

First, place chicken breasts in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and about 4 tablespoons of lime juice.


Mix together 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme.  Rub or sprinkle the spice mix liberally on the chicken breasts.



Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until chicken is done.  Serve with some brown rice, steamed veggies, or a salad on the side for a delicious and healthy meal!


Garlic Lime Chicken

  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1-2 T. olive oil
  • 4 T. lime juice

Spice mix:

  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. pepper
  • 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 t. paprika
  • 1 t. garlic powder
  • 1/2 t. onion powder
  • 1/2 t. thyme

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in baking dish covered in cooking spray; drizzle olive oil and lime juice over chicken. Sprinkle spices liberally over chicken breasts.  Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Serves 4

Nutrition: 147 cal, 8g. fat, 1g. saturated fat, 0g. trans fat, 41 mg. cholesterol, 631mg. sodium, 2g. carbs, 0g. fiber, 1g. sugars, 17g. protein, 3% vitamin A, 4% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 5% iron.


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to mix the spices ahead of time and keep in a shaker! I've been wanting to do this with homemade Greek seasoning... where did you get the shaker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought it for about a dollar at Wal-Mart! Or you could probably use a vintage salt shaker from an antique shop. But the one I got has a cap over the shaker, which I love (keeps out moisture).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I could add noodles to the baking dish to make this a one dish/casserole meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure! If you try it, let us know how it worked!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails