Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

cajun drumsticks

If you are needing an easy dinner option, this is it.  These Cajun drumsticks are easy to prepare, and they go great with just about any side.  The only reason I don't eat them more is that I don't have air conditioning.

400 degree oven + no air conditioning = sauna

I don't do saunas.  Well...not unless I want some drumsticks.


I adapted this recipe from the Easy Peasy Chicken Legs recipe on Mommy's Kitchen.  Tina over at Mommy's Kitchen always has wonderful, down-to-earth recipes, and this one did not disappoint.  See her version of this recipe here.

I only made a few changes from Tina's version.  Because it's just me and my man, I only made a package of six drumsticks.  I used Cajun seasoning (just because I love it), and I didn't need to cook them nearly as long.

First, put your drumsticks in a large bowl and drizzle them with about 2 tablespoons of oil.  Stir them around to make sure that they are coated.



Then, sprinkle in your seasoning.  My pick - Cajun seasoning (yes, it says Creole on the shaker...same thing in my world).  Stir the chicken legs around to coat with the seasoning.


Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees, turning every 20 minutes or so.  Mine were done after an hour of cooking.


Final step - serve it up!


These drumsticks really were easy!  With only three ingredients and minimal prep, cooking was an absolute breeze.  They have a nice crispiness to the outside and good flavor - all things that I love in a drumstick. 

Now, if only I could do something about the air conditioning...

Nutrition per drumstick (excluding the seasoning): 138 cal, 9g fat, 2g sat fat, 59mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 0g carbs, 0g sugars, 0g fiber, 14g protein.

This post is linked to Foodie Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Your chicken looks really good! I have some of the Tony's creole seasoning in the cabinet. Maybe I'll cook with it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMO!! These look like a HIT!! I'll be trying them soon :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look easy and tasty! I love making chicken legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds simple and easy...my kind of weeknight meal!

    Thanks for stopping by artfully graced. The applesauce muffins DO look like little donuts, but the texture is pure muffin...a little coarse and dry. The flavor is BLISS...especially with the cinnamon-sugar and butter topping.
    Hope you enjoy them.

    Please stop in again...
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I love simple meals that don't require a lot of prepping and stuff. I love cajun seasoning, I don't have this brand but what have is good! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails