Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

peanut butter lava cookie

I just love friends.  I especially love them when they give you incredible ideas.


 Take my friend Kristen.  She has a wonderful blog called From My Tiny Kitchen that I've mentioned several times on this site.  Last Friday, she posted this recipe for chocolate chip cookie lava cakes.

 Picture stolen borrowed from From My Tiny Kitchen.

This recipe intrigued me.  It looked amazing, and it got my mind spinning of all of the possibilities that could branch off of it.  There are so many different types of cookies in this world - what if each one was made into a lava cake?  An oatmeal cookie with butterscotch lava would be divine.  A chocolate chocolate chip cookie with marshmallow lava.  A peanut butter cookie with Nutella lava...well, you get the idea.

For my lava cookie, I decided to use up some ingredients that I had lying around.  I made some of my 4-ingredient peanut butter cookie dough and then grabbed the chocolate chips and caramel sauce that were left over after making those amazing oatmeal carmelitas.



Have I mentioned that this isn't going to be healthy?  Well...it's not.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

I sprayed the inside of a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and pressed peanut butter cookie dough into the bottom and up the sides.


Then, I filled the middle with chocolate chips...


...and then I drizzled caramel sauce over the top until I'd filled in all empty space between chocolate chips.


I almost grabbed a spoon and started eating right then.  Wouldn't you?

Remembering that chocolate is often better when it is gooey, I decided to forgo the early eating and finish the thing.  I topped the concoction off with more peanut butter cookie dough...


...and then I baked it at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.


I let this beauty cool for about 10 minutes, and then I flipped it over onto parchment paper (all my dishes are packed for our move!) and drizzled it with caramel.


And then...the moment of truth...


YES!  The ooey-gooey chocolately caramely deliciousness that filled this peanut butter cup was absolutely amazing!  It was also so rich that I can't imagine eating an entire cookie by myself...unless I had a massive glass of milk.

Thanks, Kristen, for this wonderful idea!  I hope it inspires a whole host of filled cookies.

Now I want to hear...what lava cookie would YOU create?

This recipe is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday , Tasty Tuesday, and Tuesdays at the Table

15 comments:

  1. That looks great. I don't think I could eat a whole one by myself either, but I am willing to try :)

    How about strawberry and chocolate in the middle with strawberry sauce/topping drizzled on top. Not sure what type of dough to use yet though... something sweet and cinnamony perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TASTY. hehe. :)
    Hello peanut butter and nutella. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I think the peanut butter/chocolate/caramel combo is just about my idea of perfection :) Although I'm wondering if I can do this with my ginger cookie recipe and some kind of fruity filling (apple or pear). Will have to experiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gracious! That looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a tall glass of milk just to look at all that gooey deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing- I love that you combined chocolate and caramel for the filling.

    Thank you so much for the mention, so sweet! I have been swimming with combos as well... pretty much anything could be combined with snickerdoodle dough. (maybe some apple pie filling for fall treats?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgoodness...that looks so delish! I like your version...but then i am kind of partial to choc and peanut butter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you think! These look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...wow...wow.....that looks way to good....my heart is racing in anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such a great concoction! Hmmm, I'm thinking macadamia nut with a white chocolate filling. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, you found my weakness. This includes ALL of my favorite ingredients and has been bookmarked and will be made shortly! Ohhhh YUM! Thanks :) Great blog!

    xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mouth is watering. Peanut butter and chocolate?!? Oh I love lava cakes but this just tops the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOODNESS! LOVE this recipe! Thanks for the recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What an awesome idea! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good idea!!! I think the cookie lava cake I'd like to try to experiment making would be a chocolate mint one.

    ~Prairie Story ...care of Alison Zulyniak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails