Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

nature's wonders

I mentioned a few months ago that I was growing a garden.  It was my first garden, and I'd say it didn't go horribly.  Sure, the strawberries died before producing any fruit.  Yes, my pumpkin plant got eaten up by mites and mold.  But I did manage to get one miniature pumpkin to grow...

and this...


This little freak of nature is a green pepper...and a red pepper...all rolled into one.  It has yet to fully ripen on one side, which makes me smile.  The other thing that makes me smile?  It's about the size of a walnut.  :-)

I think next year I'll be asking you all for a bit more gardening advice.

As exciting as that little pepper is, I'm about to go off and experience even more amazing wonders of nature...in New Zealand!  I leave in a few hours and will be there for 3 weeks!!!  I'm incredibly excited, and I can't wait to share all about it when I return.  Until then, though, there will still be plenty to check out here at Delightful Country Cookin'.  I've got a few scheduled posts of my own as well as some great guest posts lined up for you.  See you in a few weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! Have a wonderful time New Zea land!! How fun!!

    Can't wait to see pictures.. hint hint..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in New Zealand. What will you be doing there? Oh, I'd love to visit that place....They have lots of sheep which means really nice knitting yarn...and of course the sets for the Lord of the Rings movies ;) :) Have a great trip. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun and safe trip. La

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! I look forward to reading about you adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog and am already a fan, following now. http://kymomcookingallergyfree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails