Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

chocolate chip cheese ball


This is one of those recipes that I saw in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook years ago, started drooling, and clipped and put in a safe place.  Over the years, I've continued to think of this dessert and continued to drool...

...and drool...

...and drool.

This year I finally found an excuse to make this ball of deliciousness (thank goodness!).  It was worth the wait.  If there is ONE THING that you do this holiday season, promise me you'll make this.  Okay?  Okay.

This is the simplest thing in the world to whip together.  Mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
 

Add the sugars and whip until nice and fluffy.


Then toss in the mini chocolate chips and fold them into the mix.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to let it firm up.


Now...for one of my favorite parts...form the mixture into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for another hour.

Why is this one of my favorite steps?  Because I get to lick the bowl!


Pull the cheese ball out of the fridge right before serving.  If you like, you can roll it in crushed pecans, but that's totally optional.  I opted for pure cream cheese and chocolate chip goodness.

Surround it with Nilla Wafers and watch the crowd go wild!


Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
from Gooseberry Patch's Christmas in the Country
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 t. vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 T. brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Cookies for serving

Blend cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for a least one additional hour. At serving time, roll ball in chopped nuts. Serve with cookies for dipping. Makes about 2 cups.

7 comments:

  1. Yum yum - I love chocolate chip cheeseballs, but I will confess... I use a mix. :( So , I'm super excited to see your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like chocolate chip cookie dough...only no raw eggs! YUMMMY! I bet those little teddy grahams would be good with it, too. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice posting..
    thank's for your information ^_^
    please visit me too :
    check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Kristin...it's one of our favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one tastes really good!!!

    --yulian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing! Look eating cookie dough with cookies -- wow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails