Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

chocolate chip pancakes


Last Saturday, I decided that I should probably give up cookies.  I've been eating a few (okay, a lot), and my waistline has expanded slightly.  So, to compensate, I made chocolate chip pancakes.



Aaaahhhh....that's what I call breakfast.  My waistline may not be shrinking, but hey...at least it's not a cookie!

These are easy.  Plop all ingredients but the chocolate chips into a small bowl.


Mix together until everything is nice and smooth.


And then dump in as many chocolate chips as you can justify (for me, that amount varies on any given morning...it depends upon the waistline).


Fold the chocolate chips in and then drop the batter in small mounds onto a hot griddle.  Once they start to bubble on top, flip them over to cook on the other side.


Final step...eat as many as you can.  Then throw away the tape measure.  It will just depress you.



Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3 T. sugar
1 egg
2 T. butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together, adding chocolate chips to taste.  Pour spoonfuls of batter onto lightly greased skillet.  Cook until bubbling.  Flip and cook other side.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! My grandkids would LOVE THESE!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Great minds think alike - I made blueberry pancakes for my blog the other day and DH said "I figured you'd add chocolate chips!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes are the chocolatiest I've ever seen. Talk about a sweet way to start the morning. With a scoop of ice cream, these could be a delicious dessert as well (of course, sometimes I eat ice cream for breakfast). I have a sweet treat linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your pancakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great option for giving up cookies. Will have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate chip pancakes and never think to make them. Pretty sure these will be dinner this Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails