Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

yum

Every once in a while, I'm asked to do a review.  Sometimes I say yes.  Sometimes I say no.  It often requires lots of thought.

A few weeks ago, I was asked to review Pure Dark chocolates.  This time I didn't think...I just said yes.  Boy, I'm glad I did. :-)


I had never heard of Pure Dark before, but I'm totally impressed.  The chocolates are made as purely as possible, harvested straight from nature.  Everything is made in small batches to ensure the utmost quality.  Even the packaging demonstrates their commitment to nature!


I received a slab of 70% dark chocolate...and it was really a slab!


I put this in a batch of brownies (click here for brownie recipe), and it was amazing...subtly dark and yet deliciously rich.


We tried the other sample just by itself - dark chocolate bark with almonds, cherries, and caramelized nibs.  It was delicious!  The chocolate was nice and smooth, and the textures just added that extra something special.  I really loved the salty nibs in contrast to the sweetness of the dark chocolate.  It was a perfect snack.


Look for this in stores.  If you see it, definitely give it a try.  It would be perfect in your next recipe or as a fun element to your next wine tasting party.  You can't go wrong with dark chocolate!

P.S.  Obviously it would be hard to give a bad review of chocolate (can it be done?), but I promise that these opinions were honestly my own!  Pure Dark did send me the chocolate to try, but I speak the truth when I say I loved it.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I am a huge chocolate fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum is right! thanks for sharing!
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @ http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! These look so devilish. thanks for sharing...I just found your blog, so I am going to take a look around. Looks like many yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks really awesome...and dark chocolate is supposed to be very healthy for you, too, right? ;) ;) :) :) Yumm!!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I trust every word you said because you are a historian^-^

    --Yulian

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come I never get any offers to review anything as awesome as this!! Holy cow, this is great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything chocolate, those pictures look like I can reach out and take a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That bark looks soooo good! I've recently fell in love with dark chocolate, after years of thinking it was bitter and gross. You can only order their goods online? Uh oh. It looks like I may need to add something to my cart ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails