Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

crisco has olive oil!


Have you seen them in stores?  Crisco has come out with olive oil now!

Crisco sent me each of their olive oils to try through Foodbuzz's Tastemaker program, and I've been busy over the past several weeks giving them a go.  I admit, I'm not a connoisseur of olive oils.  I don't go to olive oil tastings on a regular basis, nor do I know what the professionals look for in a good olive oil.  I liked everything I made with these new olive oils, though, so I'd say they are winners when it comes to taste.

I'm also completely ignorant when it comes to the uses for olive oil.  I've always known that there's more than one kind of olive oil (extra virgin, pure, etc.), but I never knew which to use with which dish.  I'm one of those people who just used the same kind for everything and just hoped that the results would turn out positive. :-)

Well, no more!  Crisco's olive oils do taste good, but the thing I love most about them is that they tell you...right on the bottle...what to use each oil for (see above picture).  There's no more guesswork! 


Here are a few of the things that I have made recently using Crisco's olive oils...






If you are olive oil ignorant like me, I encourage you to check out Crisco olive oils and let them take the guesswork out for you!


Disclaimer: I received 3 bottles of Crisco olive oil from Crisco, but the views represented in this post are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I have only recently seen the new Crisco Oil line-up, but haven't heard of anyone using so have stayed clear of them. So they are good and worth buying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would buy them again! Like I said, I'm no expert on olive oils. But, everything I made tasted great and I really loved knowing which oil to use for which dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a surprise! I'm happy to hear they taste good. I wonder how much they'll cost in my local grocery store. I use quite a bit of olive oil in my cooking - and it gets a bit expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happened to talk to one fiend who knows a lot about olive oil and I think it is pretty useful.
    So the top quality of olive oil is extra virgin. If we are making salad or dipping or any cold dish, should use this kind. Because it is best for people's health and tastes good.
    Meanwhile, extra virgin is most pure in olive oil so should NOT use it for high temperature cooking. For example, in Chinese cooking we use stir-fry in high heat. Never use extra virgin (or any kinds of olive oil). The oil will produce some bad elements in high temperature.My friend said, you might be use cheapest olive oil (means the lowest quality)to stir-fry, but definitely not the high quality ones.
    Olive oil is also good for the dishes cooked in the oven and adds good taste to the vegetable.

    --yulian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails