Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

every little bit helps

Like many of you, I have been watching the headlines for a week now and praying for Japan.  The devastation is unbelievable...sometimes it's hard to know how to respond, especially when we are so far away.  I'm so grateful to organizations like the Red Cross that help people like me to make a difference by combining my meager donation with others across the globe. 

My donation didn't just come from me, though.  In fact, it came from you.  I earn a small amount of money for each hit my site gets.  I've only had ads for a short time now, so I've only made $220...but this morning I put all of that money toward the Red Cross efforts in Japan. 

I want to thank all of my readers for helping me help Japan...it might not be much, but every little bit helps.

P.S. The Red Cross has no idea who I am and is only one of several excellent humanitarian and relief organizations out there.  I chose them because they are already on the ground in Japan through their Japanese branches, and I believe that they have the power and resources to really put my donation to good use.  I encourage you to donate to whatever organization you believe will best meet the needs of the people in Japan.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. I'd like to know more about how you started putting "ads" on your blog :) :) I'm thinking about doing that, too :) :) Every dollar counts, so don't underrate your donation :) :) You're giving with such a loving, cheerful heart :) :) I think that's awesome :) :) Keep at it :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    p.s. You can email me privately about the ads :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails