Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

meet pebbles :)


I've been pretty remiss about posting recipes lately.  I've even been slow to post all of the guest posts that others have written for me (I'm going to get on that soon...I promise!).  But, there's a really good reason for my tardiness.  We call her Pebbles. :)


My baby girl was born on February 2 at 5:47am.  She weighed a healthy 8 lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches long.  Her daddy was a proud man that day!


My sister took some amazing photos of her at 2 weeks old - she's getting big so fast!








We love her to pieces!  She hasn't exactly been an easy baby.  She may look peaceful in the photos, but she's been unfortunately afflicted with reflux (poor kid).  We're all exhausted!  To add to the excitement of a baby, we've also made another major move as a family...

We bought a house!


Wish us luck as we attempt to move in over the next few weeks while dealing with our little stinker. :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, she is beautiful! What darling little faces she makes! Is reflux similar to or the same as colic? I remember the long nights with my daughter's colic - but it finally disappeared so have faith! Good luck with your beautiful new home and new adorable daughter! karenc in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Reflux is a bit different than colic. Colic happens primarily at night, whereas reflux is basically indigestion/heartburn that occurs after feedings, day and night. It causes her to spit up a lot, but the worst part is watching her deal with heartburn.

      Delete
  2. What a precious jewel you have there. She is beautiful. I hope her reflux goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! She is adorable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She is precious. Hope all your moving and adjusting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on baby and house! Take a deep breath .........these sleepless nights will be precious memories one day.......promise! My firstborn daughter had colic and we both cried together! Now, she is the joy in my life! Try a little diluted mint tea for her yummy and more water too, worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she is beautiful along with your new house! I know I'm a a few months off seeing this post, but I hope all is good. I was pulling up the oats waffles you made and was debating making it, but I don't think I have quick-oats. Need to pick that up today at the store. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Precious!!!! Mmmm! We had a reflux baby too. The pain and screaming are terrible. I could cry for you. We had a new baby after the Prevacid started working. Took almost two weeks, but such peace. No baby should suffer like that! Poor honey! Poor parents! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails