Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

bacon ranch beans


I was looking in my pantry several weeks ago and thought what if I mixed corn and beans and bacon and Rotel and Ranch dressing...would that be good?  Days went by, and the thought never left my head.  I just had to try it! 

The conclusion...yes, yes, YES, they do go together.  They go together very well.  So well I had to share it with you!

This recipe starts with a half pound of bacon.  Dice it up and cook in a large skillet until it reaches your desired crispiness.


Add a cup of frozen corn (no need to thaw first) and some sliced green onions.  Cook and stir for a few minutes until the corn is heated through.


Add a can of Rotel and a packet of Ranch dressing mix.  Stir until well combined.



Finally, add three cans of beans.  They can be any kind of beans - your pick!  I used black, navy, and kidney, and we loved the mixture of flavors and textures.


 Cook and stir over medium heat until the beans are heated through.  Serve and enjoy!

 

Bacon Ranch Beans
half pound bacon, diced
1 cup frozen corn
3 green onions, sliced
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
3 cans beans, drained and rinsed

In a large skillet, heat bacon over medium heat until crispy.  Stir in corn and onions; cook until corn is heated through.  Add Rotel and dressing mix; stir until well combined.  Add beans; cook and stir until beans are heated through.  Serves 8.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! I'm always looking for new bean recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails