Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

banana nog bread


I was looking around my kitchen the other day, and look what I found...




Yes...two very ripe bananas and a jug of egg nog.  I'm sure somebody is thinking, "Isn't it a little early for egg nog?"  No no no no no no no NO!  (Can you see me shaking my head emphatically?  I am.)  I just love the stuff.  I happened to be shopping at my favorite local dairy on the first day they had it stocked on the shelves.  Of course I had to buy some!

When I saw the egg nog and the ripe bananas, I knew I had to experiment with the two.  One of my favorite snacks this time of year is warm banana bread with a glass of egg nog.  I thought...why not combine the two?


First, cream together butter and sugar.


Add eggs, mashed banana, egg nog, and vanilla.  Mix until smooth.


Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Stir until smooth and pour into a greased loaf pan or three greased mini loaf pans.  Sprinkle some nutmeg over top for that perfect holiday touch.


Bake at 350 for 50-55 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Slice and enjoy warm with butter (and a glass of egg nog, of course!).


Banana Nog Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup smashed very-ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
1/4 cup egg nog
1 t. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
nutmeg to taste

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, bananas, egg nog, and vanilla; mix well.  Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; mix well.  Pour into a greased loaf pan; sprinkle nutmeg over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Makes 1 loaf or 3 mini loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails