Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

white chocolate scones

 

Things have been so crazy around here.  I have two weeks...yes, TWO WEEKS...to finish up revisions on my dissertation, and I'm a full-time stay-at-home mom to boot.  That means my day looks something like this:  wake up, chase baby around house, work on dissertation during naptime, chase baby around house, work on dissertation during naptime, chase baby around house, work on dissertation, bed.  Whew.  Makes me tired just typing it.


When life gets crazy, it's great to have quick and easy recipes on hand.  This one fits the bill, and I love it because it's such a treat.  Scones are so special and delicious.  They made a delicious breakfast on Saturday morning and a wonderful treat during my tea breaks!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do - they are delicious!




White Chocolate Scones
  • 1/2 cup sugar, divided
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. baking soda
  • 6 T. chilled butter, sliced
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk, divided

Combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a mixing bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Fold in white chocolate chips; stir in 7 tablespoons buttermilk until just moistened.  Knead dough 6 to 8 times.  Pat into an 8-inch circle onto an ungreased baking sheet; cut into 8 wedges.  Or, pat dough into a greased scone pan.  Brush tops with remaining buttermilk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.  Serves 8.










3 comments:

  1. Oh wow these sound delicious. I love anything with white chocolate chips in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! Good luck with the dissertation - I'll be here for ya!

    Luci’s Morsels – fashion. food. frivolity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These white chocolate chip scones look just stunning & mighty tasty & pretty too! :) Yummm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails