Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

sausage lentil stew


It decided to rain over the weekend, so I felt like eating something warm and hearty.  This soup was the perfect creation for a cloudy day.  It took only 10 minutes to put together, is chock full of healthy ingredients, and filled us up more than I imagined it would.  It is also a slow cooker recipe, which meant that I didn't have to stay in the kitchen all morning tending to it.


The recipe was so simple that I didn't even take step-by-step photos.  So, I hope you enjoy the finished product.  Think of it on your next rainy day!


Sausage Lentil Soup
  • 1 cup dried lentils
  • 14 oz. package turkey Kielbasa, sliced 1/2-inch thick
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 baking potato, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 bunch kale (about 1/2 pound), washed, stemmed, and cut into pieces
  • 6 cups beef broth
  • 1 t. parsley
  • 1/2 t. pepper
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg

Sort and wash lentils.  Combine lentils with remaining ingredients in a large slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook 3 hours.  Stir before serving.  Serves 6.

3 comments:

  1. I think I might make this while I'm home this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might make this while I'm home this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until last year, I had always pronounced kielbasa with four syllables: KEE-el-bah-suh. I had no idea, and I've never eaten it. Amazing, since we're from Wisconsin, but...so then my SIL informed me that it's kuh-BAH-suh. Why am I going on about this?? Probably because that soup looks delicious and because I'm a pronunciation freak! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails