Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

partnering with taste of home | favorite things friday



I'm excited to announce that I'm now a Taste of Home Field Editor!  This means that, from time to time, I'll be sharing with you some of my favorite Taste of Home products, recipes, tips, etc.  I'm also continuing my partnership with Gooseberry Patch as an early bird reviewer.  I'm so honored to be working with two such great companies!

 I've loved the Taste of Home magazine for years but never really played around on their website much.  Well, that's all changed now.  Part of being a field editor means that I am asked to rate and review recipes online as well as submit my own recipes for publication.  I got on their website to do some recipe searching, and I was so excited about the features that I just had to share with you. 

Ladies and gents...welcome to Taste of Home online!


Above is the Taste of Home homepage.  You can create an account (which I highly suggest), allowing you to save and store recipes online.  To search for recipes, click "Recipes" on the toolbar (see my badly drawn arrow above).


You'll see a drop-down menu.  You can choose recipes by course (main dish, side dish, etc.), individual ingredients, cooking style, etc.  I chose to search by ingredients.


Brisket was on sale at our local supermarket, so I searched for brisket recipes.  I got a list of 98...98!...brisket recipes.  What I love about their lists is that you see a thumbnail picture, the rating, and the prep and bake times without having to click on each one.  That definitely helped me to narrow down which one I would be making.


When you click on a recipe, you'll see the full ingredient list and instructions.  You'll also see a small toolbar to the right (circled above).  This toolbar has some amazing features.  You can rate and review the recipe, print it, e-mail it, pin it, etc.  But my two favorite features are the grocery list and recipe box.  If you click on grocery list, it will add all of the ingredients to a printable grocery list (see below).


I added a recipe for Baked Fish and Rice to my grocery list, and you can see the full list of ingredients, sorted by grocery department.  How easy is that!

My other favorite feature is Recipe Box.  If you save the recipe to your recipe box, you will be able to find it the next time you log into Taste of Home online.  The feature allows you to save to different folders (see below).  I created a folder for recipes that I wanted to try, for recipes that I had tried and reviewed, and for recipes that I've blogged about.  You could also create different folders based on ingredient, course, etc.  It's easy to move recipes from one folder to another, which I really appreciate.


You might specifically notice in the picture above that one of my recipe folders is called "My Personal Recipes".  That's right - you can add your OWN recipes to your recipe box - what an amazing feature!

There's so much more to explore with this website, but this is as far as I've gotten so far.  I encourage you to log in and see what you can see.  Let me know if you try anything you love!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Taste of Home and have been getting the magazine for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!! Congrats to you!! You are going to do a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love the Taste of Home magazine! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails