Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

pork chops and gravy



I just can't believe it...this is my 350th post!  That's enough recipes to fill an entire cookbook. :)  This has been such a fun hobby, and I just love all of the new friends I've made along the way.  It's been an honor to have you visit my kitchen.


I wanted to share with you a new favorite slow-cooker recipe.  It's so easy, I didn't even take how-to photos...there was no point!  Next time pork chops are on sale, I hope you give it a try.  And, if you have leftover gravy, mix it with some browned hamburger meat for a sort of goulash...delicious!


Pork Chops and Gravy
  • 6-8 boneless pork chops
  • 2 packets (0.87 oz. each) pork gravy mix
  • 1 packet (1 oz) French onion soup mix
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 T. ketchup
  • 1 t. pepper
  • 1 t. soy sauce
  • 1 t. seasoned salt
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables

Place pork chops in a greased 5-quart slow cooker.  In a small saucepan, combine gravy mix, soup mix, and flour.  Stir in water; heat over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens.  Add mushroom soup, ketchup, pepper, soy sauce, and seasoned salt.  Pour over pork chops.  Add potatoes; cover and cook on low for 5 hours.  Stir in vegetables and cook an additional hour.  Serves 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails