Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

beef brisket


As I've mentioned recently, I'm now a Taste of Home field editor.  This new relationship with Taste of Home has really encouraged me to make more use of their website.  I have to say...I'm hooked!  I love looking at our grocery store's sale ads and then finding Taste of Home recipes for the ingredients that are on sale that particular week. 

Recently, our store had brisket on an outstanding sale.  So guess what I did? :)


I looked on www.tasteofhome.com and searched for brisket recipes!  This one looked amazing.  I modified it a bit to suit our family's tastes, and it ended up tasting so good, I just had to share!  You can find my recipe below or the original one here.  It's pretty much foolproof!



Beef Brisket
modified from Taste of Home online
2 t. chipotle chili powder, divided
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. ground mustard
1/2 t. steak seasoning
1 fresh beef brisket, trimmed (4 pounds)
2 cups water
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 T. brown sugar
2 t. Liquid Smoke

Sprinkle 1 t. of chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, ground mustard, and steak seasoning over top of brisket.  Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.  Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 2 hours.  Let stand for 20 minutes.  Thinly slice meat across the grain.  Place in a foil-lined baking dish.  In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat.  Cover tightly with foil and bake an additional 3 hours, or until tender.  Serves 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails