Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

alphabet party | cheese tidbits


Miss Pebbles turned two!  Can you believe it?  I remember when I first announced that I was expecting and then later when I announced that she was born.  Time just flies.


We had an alphabet party for our sweet baby girl.  I placed alphabet blocks around the house and on the food table, and we strung up alphabet wall art around the living room.  It was so cute!


For food, I whipped up some cheese tidbits for the adults (recipe below) and some alphabet cereal marshmallow balls for the kids.  I added sprinkles to make them extra fun!


And for dessert...cupcakes!


I made this delicious vanilla cupcake recipe and added sprinkles to the batter to make them funfetti cupcakes.


Miss Pebbles loved them!


Ahhh...it's so fun to look at those pictures.  I just love that little girl!  Thanks for letting me share...now on to the recipe. :)

These cheese tidbits are a recipe I got from my college roommate, Lauren.  I remember that she would get packages of these and never share!  I finally wheedled one out of her - I had to find out what all the fuss was about.  They are buttery, cheesy, and peppery - a great and addictive combo.


Cheese Tidbits
2 sticks margarine or butter (1 cup)
2 cups flour
8 oz. package Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups rice crispies
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cayenne pepper

Soften butter and mix with softened grated cheese.  Add flour, salt, and cayenne.  When well-mixed, fold in rice crispies.  Roll into balls.  Place on greased cookie sheet and press down with a fork.  Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. She's a cutie. Happy birthday!

    I need to make the cheese tidbits. We are giant rats at our house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails