Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

mexican roasted cauliflower


My friends, I bring you the last in a series of recipes from Gooseberry Patch's latest cookbook, Good-for-You Everyday Meals.  This one is sooooo good!  I'm actually salivating just looking at the pictures.  I've been a cauliflower fan for a while, but I never knew it could be so delicious.  My husband ate it up, too!  I have to admit - we ate the whole head of cauliflower in one sitting!


This side dish is a must next time you make Mexican food...or even just plain grilled chicken!  And don't forget the lime - it takes the cauliflower to a whole new level.




Mexican Roasted Cauliflower
from Gooseberry Patch's Good-for-You Everyday Meals

1/4 cup olive oil

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. chili powder, or to taste
1/2 t. ground cumin
1 lb. cauliflower, cut into bite-size flowerets
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt to taste

Mix oil, garlic, and spices in a large bowl.  Add cauliflower; toss to coat.  Spread in an ungreased shallow roasting pan.  Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for one hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Remove from oven.  Drizzle with lime juice; sprinkle with cilantro and toss well.  Serve warm.  Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails